Magnesium Citrate Saline Laxative Oral Solution has been recalled from the biggest supermarket and pharmacy chains in the country due to microbiological contamination, and two more “severe adverse reactions” have been documented.
Manufacturer Vi-Jon reiterates in its most recent recall notice that Gluconacetobacter liquefaciens was found to be present in the product and that immunocompromised people who ingest this product “may be at increased risk for invasive infections… ” It might have detrimental health effects that are grave and potentially fatal.
There have been three complaints of serious adverse reactions that may be connected to this recall, according to Vi-Jon, LLC.
When expanding the first recall of one batch of lemons sold at CVS and Navarro Pharmacy locations, Vi-Jon reported one adverse event earlier this month. This is an increase from that.
Now, What Should You Do?
The following laxatives should be returned to the store for a refund if you have any of them. Contact Vi-Jon by sending an email to Recalls@Vijon.com from Monday through Friday at 8:30 a.m. if you have any questions concerning the recall. Eastern time, from 5:30 p.m. After alerting a medical provider, report any problems this medication—or any medication—may cause to the FDA via its MedWatch Adverse Event page or by completing a form you can obtain by calling 800-332-1088. then inform the producer.
Who or What Has Been Recalled?
Magnesium Citrate Saline Laxative Oral Solution is produced by Vi-Jon and is available in 10-ounce bottles in all quantities and flavors, including lemon, cherry, and grape. 20 of the 30 brands in the most recent recall expansion also provide cherry and grape flavors
- Lemon, cherry, and grape flavors of Best Choice.
- Care One, available in lemon and cherry flavors, is sold at Food Lion, Giant, Stop & Shop, and Hannaford stores.
- Cariba, only in lemon flavor.
- Cruz Blanc, only in lemon flavor.
- Lemon, cherry, and grape varieties are available through CVS and Navarro Pharmacy.
- Lemon taste, Discount Drug Mart.
- Equaline, flavors lemon, and cherry.
- Equate, store brand from Walmart with lemon, cherry, and grape flavors.
- Exchange Select lemon flavor only, in the military exchange system.
- Family Wellness, is available in Family Dollar stores in flavors of cherry and lemon.